+ Nissan Primera brand Cars
+ Current leaving and service
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Manual transmission, differential and main transfer
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
- Brake system
Back disk brakes
Main brake cylinder
Pumping of brakes
Adjustment of brakes
Anti-blocking system (ABS)
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Replacement of brake shoes
Assembly diagram of back drum-type brakes. The big arrow indicates a forward part of the car
Being guided by an illustration above:
- Establish a back part of the car on support. Forward wheels should be blocked (those bricks) that the car could not move down from support.
- Remove back wheels.
- Release the hand brake.
- Remove a brake drum. If the automatic adjusting device works faultlessly, maybe, that brake shoes will be hooked for a drum. To weaken drum fastening, it is necessary to establish the adjusting device in return situation.
- For this purpose remove a stopper from a reverse side of a board of a brake in shown on an illustration below a place and insert into an opening a screw-driver, as is shown in an illustration below. Press a screw-driver inside to release the lever on inside.
Installation of the automatic device of adjustment in a brake drum
|| 1 — a brake board
2 — an anchor pin of a block
3 — a stopper
4 — a screw-driver
5 — a brake shoe
6 — a spring of an anchor pin
7 — the driving lever
- Now two bolts М8 X 1.25 which are screwed in in shown on an illustration lower than a place be required. Evenly tighten bolts, the brake drum will not act in film yet.
|| Strongly sitting drum to remove at the expense of a vvinchivaniye of two bolts in the specified places.
- Remove anchor pins and springs. For this purpose press a pin from a reverse side a board and turn nippers a spring cup on the forward party while the head of a bolt cannot pass through a cup. On an illustration this work is shown visually. Remove a cup and a spring and take out a pin behind. Thus, remove both pins.
- By means of nippers unhook the top returnable spring from brake shoes, wring out blocks outside and take out a regulator in the middle of blocks. Take out the bottom end of a brake shoe from a countersupport. The bottom returnable spring which can be removed is thus released.
- Carefully remove brake shoes with a cable of the hand brake.
- For this purpose compress a spring while the end of a cable cannot be taken out from the lever.
- If further dismantling is required, unhook a spring from the adjustment lever.
- At replacement of blocks the lever needs to be rearranged on new blocks. If the surface of a brake drum has grooves, the drum can be pierced, admissible diameter is not exceeded yet. Also measure ovality of a drum, especially if blocks overheated when braking. If thickness of a material of brake shoes less than 1.5 mm, it is necessary to replace blocks in a set. Pognutye of a spring, also, if they were погнуты at removal, it is necessary to replace. The wheel brake cylinder is described further.
- Installation of brake shoes is carried out in return to sequence removal. Slightly grease with greasing the ends of brake shoes, and also places of a prileganiye of blocks to a brake board, also grease basic places of the adjusting lever. Adjusting devices should be greased on carving places of small castors and on connection between a regulator and the lever of blocks and it is necessary to establish them on a former brake board. Remember the next moments:
- The regulator on the right side has the right carving.
- The regulator on the left side has the left carving.
- If brake shoes were replaced, establish the lever on brake shoes so that it was on the forward party and establish on a basic pin a new lock latch. Well insert a latch to a groove and then, as is shown in an illustration below, compress by means of nippers. Insert anchor pins and put on in front of a spring and a cup of springs. Turn heads of pins on 90 ° while heads will not lie in cups.
|| After installation of a lock ring it is good to press it into a groove of a basic pin.
On an illustration it is schematically shown below, how this work is carried out.
|| Elements for removal and installation of anchor pins of brake shoes.
- After installation of brake shoes it is necessary to establish brakes in an autoregulation mode. For this purpose adjust a regulator while diameter of brake shoes approximately will not correspond to diameter of a brake drum. For this purpose measure diameter of a drum and brake shoes, as shown on the right and at the left on an illustration below.
|| Measurement of diameter of the brake reel (1) and external diameter of the established brake shoes (2). To establish diameter of brake shoes on 0.35 mm less than diameter of a brake drum.
- Compare a collected brake to an illustration below. The regulator head (i.e. in the middle) should be in any case closer than a razzhimny bar to a forward part of the car. Both arrows specify the direction of rotation of a drum and a forward part of the car.
- Put on a brake drum and several times cock the hand brake. Clicks in a brake drum should stop after a while.
Correct assembly of a brake of a back wheel
|| 1 — a regulator
2 — the lever of brake shoes
3 — the end of a cable of the hand brake
Wheel brake cylinders
For removal of the wheel brake cylinder:
- Remove brake shoes.
- From a reverse side of a board of a brake weaken a cap nut of the brake pipeline.
- Unscrew the wheel cylinder from a brake board.
- Dismantling of the wheel cylinder is impossible, as the adjusting valve established inside is not subject to repair. If the cylinder rusted or lost tightness, it is necessary to replace it new.